When I came across this book, and was asked to review, I was thrilled. How awesome for children to start learning yoga at such a young age! Little K and I have done this book a few times and she loves doing the different poses with me. I can't wait for Baby James to be able to do this with us!
This book is an actual story that you read with your child, and on each page there is a yoga pose to do with a demonstration. It's great for kids at home and for even a preschool setting. Here are some pictures of us reading the book :)
Click here to purchase the book on Amazon. You can also purchase the book here. Little K has been asking to read this book :) It's a nice way to move and read. Pretty soon she will know all of the moves by heart. Start them young learning to move their body in the right way! Here are some benefits that Giselle (the author of the book) shares:
Benefits of yoga for kids:
- increases strength and flexibility
- helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
- helps them sleep better
- promotes interaction between adult and child, and between multiple children
- improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
- develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
- promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
I hope you enjoy this book as much as we have! It's a great way to move together!!